Winter Haven, FL
Salary: $40,000.00 to $49,000.00 /year
Paralegal/Legal Assistant for a growing Winter Haven Law Firm. Must have experience in civil litigation and be able to handle Corporate and Transactional matters. This position reports to one main partner and offers a very competitive compensation package, with benefits including health, vision, dental, generous PTO and 401k. Positive work environment.
Job Duties Paralegal/Legal Assistant:
- Assisting attorneys with general civil litigation, commercial litigation, corporate and transactional matters. Litigation matters may include breach of contract, civil collections, commercial auto accidents and other complex litigation matters in both State and Federal Courts.
- Assist with drafting and finalizing multiple types of legal pleadings, discovery, administrative proceeding documents, and mediation summaries. E-filing in various jurisdictions.
- Trial preparation, including organizing trial notebooks, preparing subpoenas, serving witnesses; coordinating witnesses and experts for appearance at trial, assisting with preparations of jury instructions. Attend trials with attorney as needed.
- Schedule and Manage the calendar for hearings, depositions, meetings, notifications and deadlines.
- Assist with setting up new Corporations, filing Annual Reports, preparing corporate documents.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision;
- Ability to work under strict deadlines;
- Knowledge of legal document production and filing procedures;
- Professional demeanor and appearance excellent communication skills;
- Excellent computer software skills
Salary is low to high 40’s depending upon experience.